Loving Reading, Loving Books
These 3 sessions will be an opportunity for teachers to reflect on and develop their knowledge and skills in regard to our EYFS children becoming readers who love reading. The sessions will draw upon guidance outlined in the recent ‘Preparing for Literacy’ EEF document recently published. The following themes will be presented and discussed along with lots of opportunities to explore quality texts for EYFS children.
- Developing a Reading for Please pedagogy in EYFS
- What makes a quality text for EYFS?
- Don’t be too ‘Donaldson Dependent’ - discovering new and quality rhyming texts to support Phonological Awareness
- Modelled and shared reading in EYFS
- ’There’s more out there than Waterstones’’: Where to go for help in finding quality texts for EYFS children
- ”...and the prize goes to...” - Award winners of 2018 for newly published texts in the 3-5 age group.
- Book Corners and Book Nooks: Enticing children to pick up books
- Quality non-fiction texts for EYFS.
- Books that begin early inference skills. Members of the Hub who attend the sessions will also be given the opportunity to consider and feedback on the prospect of a bi-monthly EYFS Book Club that will focus on newly published quality texts for younger children.
DATES: 4TH, 25TH OCTOBER & 15TH NOVEMBER 2018 13:30 - 15:30
VENUE: Markeaton Park Craft Village Community Room
FACILITATOR(S): Fiona Lingard - Education Consultant
AIMED AT: All Teachers and Pracitioners in EY’s and Key Stage one
HOW TO APPLY: To book your place on any course please call Laura or Stacey at Harrington Nursery on 01332 769821 or email below.
PAYMENTS: All courses (apart from the conferences) are included in the NEEDU Annual Package, which runs across the financial year (April - March). If you are interested in any sessions but your school does not purchase the package, please get in touch to find out the costs to attend.