This privacy notice explains how we collect, process and manage information for the DEYTS workforce. That includes employed members of staff, clients, licensees, franchisees and any other individual we require data from.
The categories of information that we collect, process, hold and share include:
- personal information (such as name, employee or national insurance number)
- special categories of data including characteristics information such as gender, age, ethnic group
- contract information (such as start dates, hours worked, post, roles and salary information)
- work absence information (such as number of absences and reasons)
- qualifications (and, where relevant, subjects taught)
- medical information
- other personal information
We use and share information to comply with statutory, regulatory, practice and contractual obligations. These may include, but are not limited to:-
- improving the management of workforce data across the sector
- enabling development of a comprehensive picture of the workforce and how it is deployed
- pay salaries and pension contributions
- informing the development of recruitment and retention policies
- allowing better financial modelling and planning
- enabling ethnicity and disability monitoring
- staff sickness insurance
- internal reviews and quality monitoring
If we are required to comply with other legal obligations not listed above we will share data only when it is lawful to do so.
The lawful basis on which we collect and process this information
We must make sure that information we collect and use about our contacts is in line with the GDPR and Data Protection Act. This means that we must have a lawful reason to collect the data, and that if we share that with another organisation or individual we must have a legal basis to do so.
Collecting this information
Whilst the majority of information you provide to us is mandatory, some of it is provided to us on a voluntary basis. In order to comply with data protection legislation, we will inform you whether you are required to provide additional information to us or if you have a choice in this.
Storing this information
We hold DEYTS data in accordance with our Policy.
Who we share this information with
We may share this information with organisations such as:
- our local authority
- Payroll services
- Legal Advisers
- Insurance providers
- Health professionals
Requesting access to your personal data
Under data protection legislation, you have the right to request access to information about you that we hold. To make a request for your personal information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have the right to:
- object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
- prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means
- in certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
- claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Data Protection regulations
More details about how we use and manage data can be found in the Data protection Policy and other relevant polices on the website.