Summer Term Conference 2016 - Best Practice In The Early Years With Alistair Bryce-Clegg
Wednesday 22nd June 2016 - 8.45am - 3.30pm
Alistair was headteacher of a very successful three-form entry infant school and early years Unit for 10 years. Alongside his headship he worked as an EYFS consultant working with a diverse range of settings to help them to enhance their EYFS practice. In 2009 Alistair left headship and went into full time consultancy. He is now the proud owner of ABC Does. He has written on the subject of EYFS for a wide variety of publications. Alistair's work with settings is based on leading by example and not just 'telling'.
Through the day Alistair will introduce you to a range of tried and tested strategies that will help you to achieve this goal. During the day you will look at:
- How you can link your environment to ongoing assessment
- The balance between adult led and child initiated learning
- The principles behind the concept of Continuous Provision and how to make it work
- The role of the adult in supporting effective learning through Continuous Provision
- How you can use your environment, planning and assessment to show that children are making progress within the Development Matters statement
Cost Per Delegate; This includes the days training, lunch and refreshments.
Delegate rate - £150 Delegate rate for schools in the NEEDU Package - £120
PVI's / Childminders - £60
Venue: Pirelli Stadium, Princess Way, Burton-On-Trent