EAL & NtE Learners Programme
Do you want to improve provision for your EAL and NtE learners?
Well this programme is for you!!
Suitable for a range of roles within your school: School leaders, teachers and teaching assistants responsible for EAL teaching.
Course Leader: Tamara Rolfs, EAL Education Consultant and Experienced Headteacher
Each day 9am for 9.30 start, finishing at 3.30pm - Refreshments will be provided, however please bring your own lunch.
£200 (for NEEDU @ the Hub members)
£250 (for those schools not in the NEEDU @ the Hub Package)
£100 per day if booked individually
For more information, please fill out the form at the bottom of the page and we will be in touch.
Key Stage 1 and Early Years EAL Package:
Turning Challenges into Opportunities
Building bridges and breaking down barriers for your New to English children: Induction, working with parents and the physical environment.
· Find out how to create a welcoming environment for new to English learners from the moment they walk in the door.
· Develop your induction systems and learn how to make the most of the first contact with families.
· Find out about different strategies to engage with EAL parents including those that are “hard to reach”.
· Take away ideas to make your school environment one that values and celebrates cultural diversity.
Smart EAL leadership: Systems to enhance your EAL provision.
· Find out what makes exemplary provision for EAL learners.
· Focus on 4 key areas: leadership and management systems, teaching and learning, enabling environments and partnerships beyond the classroom.
· Find out how to make data analysis work for you and your pupils.
· Use a structured approach to evaluate your current EAL provision.
· Use a school audit tool to identify needs and plan for improvement.
Teaching for impact and progress: Teaching strategies, assessing and tracking EAL learners for maximum impact.
· Learn about the “5 Keys” to inclusive teaching for children who are new to English.
· Find out about accelerating progress through targeted personalised support.
· Look at different assessment systems for EAL children and decide which is best for your setting.
· Look at ways of tracking the progress of EAL children in the Early Years and Key Stage 1. Learn how to use your analytical skills to inform school improvement priorities.